So, Emma has been begging for quite awhile to go to work with me at Someone's In the Kitchen. I finally decided that last night was as good a night as any for her to go with me. I am so lucky to work at such a great place that didn't really care if I brought my little girl with me for a couple of hours. I sewed this apron for her yesterday afternoon. The apron itself is really cute, but I think that the pockets look goofy. She was so excited to go to work with me. She chose a dress, tights and shoes that she wanted to wear, and looked adorable. She was the perfect little helper, too. She helped me put a shipment of dish towels away, and she arranged a display of "tickle brushes", known in the culinary world as silicone basting brushes. When it was time to close, she helped me lock the doors, sweep and vaccuum. What a good little helper! She was especially proud of her apron, and wanted to wear it to bed last night. I didn't let her do that, but she did put it on right away this morning!Thursday, February 07, 2008
Emma...the newest Someone's In the Kitchen "Employee"
So, Emma has been begging for quite awhile to go to work with me at Someone's In the Kitchen. I finally decided that last night was as good a night as any for her to go with me. I am so lucky to work at such a great place that didn't really care if I brought my little girl with me for a couple of hours. I sewed this apron for her yesterday afternoon. The apron itself is really cute, but I think that the pockets look goofy. She was so excited to go to work with me. She chose a dress, tights and shoes that she wanted to wear, and looked adorable. She was the perfect little helper, too. She helped me put a shipment of dish towels away, and she arranged a display of "tickle brushes", known in the culinary world as silicone basting brushes. When it was time to close, she helped me lock the doors, sweep and vaccuum. What a good little helper! She was especially proud of her apron, and wanted to wear it to bed last night. I didn't let her do that, but she did put it on right away this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, Emma! You look simply darling, and so grown up, too! I bet you were a big help to your mommy at work. You are such a sweetheart. I love you very much! Nana
Emma...what a sweetheart! You look so big in the gorgeous apron! Can't wait to see you soon!
So you actually use those 4-H sewing skills! Good for you! I don't even own a sewing machine, nor do I desire to. In fact, I don't decorate cakes, either (although I do own a set of tips). Some Sugar and Spice 4-H'er I was, huh?
Post a Comment